WHAT KIND OF BOOKS DOES FARCOUNTRY PRESS PUBLISH?
Photography (states, cities, geographical regions, national parks, wildlife)
Children’s educational (nature, history)
Farcountry Press does not publish fiction or poetry.
SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL
WHAT TO SEND
*Note: Please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope if you would like your proposal materials returned to you. Also note that unsolicited submissions of photography will not be accepted and will not be returned.
INCLUDE THESE MATERIALS IN YOUR PROPOSAL:
- A description of your book idea and an explanation of what makes your book unique
- A sample table of contents
- Sample chapters and photocopies of accompanying art/images (if applicable)
- A CD or DVD containing your photographs (if a photography book)
- Information regarding the timeframe, audience, market, competition, and sales potential for your book
- A résumé or list of publication credits
- Your contact information
- A self-addressed stamped envelope for return of materials. Do not send us photographs in slide or transparency form.
Proposals without a self-addressed stamped envelope will not be returned. CDs / DVDs will be destroyed.
WHERE TO SEND YOUR PROPOSAL
Please submit your proposal to:
P.O. Box 5630
Helena, MT 59604
WHAT TO EXPECT
Our editorial board will review your proposal as quickly as staff time allows.
If you have a question pertaining to photography book proposals, please contact [email protected]
If your question relates to any other type of book proposal, please contact [email protected]
Note that when we decide to add a new book to one of our existing series of books, we solicit submissions from photographers in our database, then select the best photographer for that particular project. If you propose adding a new book to one of our existing series, we do not consider this an original proposal.
If you would like to be added to our database of photographers and be considered in future Farcountry Press calls for submission, send your stock list (and/or the URL of your website) to [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in Farcountry Press!